One Day Conference. Intense Competition Training
UNLV Collegiate DECA and Nevada DECA will be coordinating the 2024 Winter Las Vegas DECA Competition Academy to allow high school members and advisors an opportunity to be trained for competition, practice role-play scenarios, and receive interactive judge feedback. This event will take place on Saturday, January 20th, and will be hosted at the BEH 241. If you have any additional questions please email us at email@example.com
**Some details to keep in mind:**
- Students can choose any roleplay to compete in.
- Additional workshops focused on competition will be offered
- All students will be required to take an online practice exam (20 questions in 20 minutes)
- Additional medals awarded to the top 3 competitors in each category
- Grand prize (1-year subscription to DECA+) awarded to the chapter that scores the most points (see Registration Packet for more details>
Final registration deadline is Monday, January 15th, 2024.
No cancellations (only substitutions) will be permitted after the final deadline.
Advisors: Please download the below documents and fill out with your member’s competition information. All completed documents must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please DO NOT mail your payment to UNLV Collegiate DECA.
When arriving on the day of the competition, please head to the registration table outside Room 208, located on the 2nd floor of the UNLV Student Union to pay your invoice and pick up your chapter welcome package. Students will not be given any event materials without prior approval.
The $30 per student registration fee includes:
- Competition Registration
- Workshop Materials
Advisors and Chaperones receive complimentary registration.
Advisors, you can register as many students as you want with the registration excel. We are offering a 20% discount for chapters that bring over 15 participants.
Advisors and chaperones may use the registration excel located down below to register students:
Students: If you plan to register as an individual, please fill out the form below.
If students are attending with their chapter, they do not need to fill out the individual registration form.
Attending the Competition Academy?
Here are a few tips to help you through the day.
- Come dressed to impress! Blazers are highly suggested but not required
- Bring all your competitive event materials with you.
- Mobile Devices are highly encouraged in all sessions but must be on silence
- If you are not competing you should be attending a session, NO EXCUSES!
- All sessions will be in the TBA, DO NOT leave this area without advisor’s approval
Frequently Asked Questions
All events will be offered. Students may only pick one role play event with an optional prepared event consultation.
A student can only register for one role-play event (either individual or team) and a written event.
There are a few significant differences:
1) Limited competitive event categories
2) Live feedback from your judge at the end of the competition
3) Awards will be not be in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd designation
Students: Please consult your adviser for how to pay for the conference.
Advisors: Please bring a check made payable to “UNLV DECA”, on the day of the competition.
The DECA blazer is always the best option for competition however we understand that some schools may not purchase their blazer’s for competition until the spring. All competitors must be dressed in business professional to compete.
Some of your best resources are on Nevada DECA website and in articles published on DECA Direct. Exams will not be administered for competition points however it couldn’t hurt to review your business and marketing terms prior to attending. Most of the exam terms often appear in the role play scenarios.
Not to fear. All sessions and competition room will be on the same floor. There will be signs posted to guide you.
Absolutely NOT! This is intended as an opportunity for competition practice. The Las Vegas competition academy will provide you a real-live experience similar to the Nevada DECA State Career Development Conference and will help you see how prepared you are in your DECA competitive event. Nevada DECA competition qualifications will still be enforced at the State Career Development Conference.
All competitors who have scored a combine total of 70 or above for their competitive event category will receive a DECA medallion on the award stage. Competitors who score top 3 will receive an additional medallion.